Thursday, September 17, 2009

He's here!!!
















Yes, HE is officially here. The first HE to arrive in our house! Stephen Russell was born Sunday, August 30, 2009 at 8:15pm after a mere 24 hours of labor...ha! Oh yeah...and I did it au naturale for the first time. It was an interesting experience, but I can truly say I earned this one! Thankfully I had a doula this time who was with me every step of the way. It was a much more enjoyable labor until the end as I was able to move around and get in the tub, etc and not be strapped to a bed. The end was definitely fast a furious! He was 8 lbs, 1 oz and 20.5 inches and was terribly cute. He definitely looks different than our other children possibly favoring my side of the family instead of Russell's this time. He has very light hair which was different for us too. We are so enjoying him. He has a wonderful laid back personality so far (only 2.5 wks old now so perhaps a bit premature)! He does not cry a lot and is very content to be held and use his passy. I am very surprised and blessed to have this new experience of having a boy and the different bond that has ensued. I loved my girls and the bonding there, but this was a new experience for me, one that I was a bit afraid of...fear of the unknown. Now my fears have subsided and I am relishing this new mom/son bonding experience. He is precious and I am enjoying every minute. We thank God for blessing us with a son! Also check out our hospital baby pics at this link: http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=4a2e596a-a3b6-4a9a-a374-68b8b28e6884

No comments: